What is our Deanery Forum?
A Deanery Forum represents a group of parishes within our Doncaster Deanery and is made up of priests and lay members. The Deanery Forum acts as a vital link between people in the parishes and the diocese. All the Catholic churches in Doncaster are represented and meetings take place around 4-6 times per year.
The Deanery Forum meets:
- To discuss and reflect on matters of the Church as they affect the deanery, and generally to promote in the deanery the whole mission of the church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical,
- For the airing of parish views on any common problems, and
- For the communication of diocesan, deanery and parish decisions
The Deanery Forum also meets:
- To develop shared initiatives on ministry and mission
- To encourage co‐operation between parishes
- To share expertise and knowledge between local churches (and indeed with other deaneries)
- To encourage collaboration on fund raising opportunities
- To organise deanery events such as pilgrimages or retreat days.
What do Deanery Forum Members need?
- An understanding of any concerns and problems that a parish or parishes may be experiencing.
- A generous understanding of the grace of giving and mutual support
Recent initiatives include:
- A Deanery meeting for all Eucharistic Ministers in October
- Organising a Deanery retreat day in autumn
For more information contact Fr. Darren Reid.